Barbecue season is in full swing so I'm putting together a complete Paleo Barbecue menu plan just for those of you on my email list.
The menu will include a BBQ pork loin, coffee rub burgers on a grilled eggplant bun, grilled garlic peppers, strawberry mint salad, this amazing Bacon Sweet Potato Salad and more. It's totally free just as a thank you for being on my list.
If you feel inclined, all I ask is that you share this page with your friends. Thanks!
P.S. If you're not already on my email list, you can join by filling out the form above or below so you can get the rest of the menu plan shortly. You'll also get 4 weeks of meal plans for free!
Amazing Bacon Sweet Potato Salad
• 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 3 strips of pasture-raised bacon (or 4 if you know you'll eat one of them before finishing the recipe)
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion
• 2 tbsp chopped chives
• 2 tsp white vinegar
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp maple syrup
pinch or 2 (or 3) of salt to balance the sweet. Add more or less to taste.
1. Boil diced sweet potatoes until tender but still somewhat firm. If you overcook them they will fall apart when you mix the salad together. Allow to cool well before mixing in dressing (if you're impatient like me you can put the strained potatoes in the fridge or freezer for about 10 minutes).
2. Cook bacon until crispy (I bake mine). Let cool and chop into large "bacon bits."
3. In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of mayo, vinegar, paprika, maple syrup and salt. Mix well.
4. Chop onion and chive and combine in a large bowl with sweet potatoes (leave a little on the side for garnish if you're fancy like that).
5. Pour dressing over potatoes and mix well.
6. Add bacon
7. Eat bacon
8. Add more salt if needed and mix one more time.
It will already taste amazing but if you let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours or more, it will taste even better.